Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Sleepy Nights

In my efforts to have Evan start using his crib on a regular basis, I let him cry himself to sleep today. He was hardly up for the battle because his cry was so weak from the beginning. If he's in for the battle, his cry would be off the charts. I did want to go pick him up but then I did not want him to think that his crib was a "punishment" or used as a disciplinary object. 

He's been doing well in the sleep category. He starts bed time at 7 p.m. I was in shock when that happened. I couldn't believe it. I have to admit that I enjoyed it! 

_______________________________________________

Besides all that, Evan has been biting me and he keeps doing all these other cute little things. I could not figure out how he learned these things when I didn't ever do it with him. SO, I learned that he got the biting thing from Grandpa. I saw how Grandpa interacted with him the other day and I told my father," That's where he learned that!" My dad thinks it's cute to play biting games with Evan.
Now Evan wants me to snuggle with him until he is knocked out. That's cool, I don't mind sometimes but the other times, I want to put him down so that I can get on it with something else. So I can't put him down and I figure that he wants me to snuggle with him because he gets all cozy and goes right back to sleep. I am just confused on where he learned that. The other day I was talking to my brother and he mentioned that he fell asleep with Evan in his arms. Ah-ha! I figured that one out too. 
The ups and downs of having others watch your child. Don't get me wrong, I love that my family helps out a great deal but then I don't get to do these things. It's a sense of envy because I would like to stay home and watch my child grow too! 
______________________________________

I say a few more weeks and he'll be crawling on his knees. :D I'm so excited for that! 

Below is a slightly crabby Evan


1 Comments:

Blogger Yeng said...

Aw, he's so big now! Yeah, I'm starting Logan on the whole sleeping in your own bed thing. Last night he was up and cooing to himself for about an hour in bed, then went back to sleep on his own. I was so proud of him!

November 13, 2008 at 10:17 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home