Sleepy Sleepy
Evan is a great trooper when it comes to working with my schedule. I just started to work out again and after a long day at work, I come home and quickly dress him to run back out the door to the gym. (Karen-I feel like those moms that you would tell me stories about from the gym.) I usually try to work out early enough so that when we get home we can still kick it for a bit before he goes to bed. At the same time, I am trying to get him on a schedule of sleeping between 8-9 pm and no later than 9:15- at this point he just has to chill in his crib until he wants to go to bed.
So tonight, I could tell he was getting tired! After I got done working out, I still had to go to Menards for a metal shovel (they work better) and I wanted to visit the MIssissippi Market for some dressing that would be lower in fat and better in flavor than the ones they offer at the normal grocery stores. When we were done with Menards, he was sleeping by the time I got to the grocery store and fell asleep the whole time during the visit. We get home and I try to get him in his pj's but he wakes up and he thinks it's play time. So after a little snack, pretending to brush his teeth with the toothbrush while I am reading him a book, I put him down and no struggle. He's sleeping now but some days I feel bad that I have to bring him all over the places with me but I have no one to watch him.
Of all the little things that could be "hard" as a single mother, that is one thing that I never pay attention to. I can pull the stroller in and out of the trunk many times in a day and not realize it until the end of the day. I ask myself, dang! why am I so tired? ...then I reflect to see that I scheduled too many things in the day. I try now to only do two activities a day.
So tonight, I could tell he was getting tired! After I got done working out, I still had to go to Menards for a metal shovel (they work better) and I wanted to visit the MIssissippi Market for some dressing that would be lower in fat and better in flavor than the ones they offer at the normal grocery stores. When we were done with Menards, he was sleeping by the time I got to the grocery store and fell asleep the whole time during the visit. We get home and I try to get him in his pj's but he wakes up and he thinks it's play time. So after a little snack, pretending to brush his teeth with the toothbrush while I am reading him a book, I put him down and no struggle. He's sleeping now but some days I feel bad that I have to bring him all over the places with me but I have no one to watch him.
Of all the little things that could be "hard" as a single mother, that is one thing that I never pay attention to. I can pull the stroller in and out of the trunk many times in a day and not realize it until the end of the day. I ask myself, dang! why am I so tired? ...then I reflect to see that I scheduled too many things in the day. I try now to only do two activities a day.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home