Monday, February 7, 2011

Every time, it never fails.

Mark and I met when I was 20 years old. Who knew that 6 years later I would have ended up with a beautiful child. As he was born, Mark decided that he didn't want to be a part of our lives. To me the only life that mattered was Evan's.

I knew that when he was younger, I would have to come to these conversations with him of who his "daddy" would be. I just didn't think it would be this soon. He is going to be three in a month. I can't believe it, three already. I use to tell him things when he was young to "prep" him for this conversation. Little did I know that there is almost nothing that you can do to help him through something like this.

The other day, Evan saw me looking at a photo of two males. He asked me who one was, I said, his name is Will. Then he pointed to the other male and asked me who he was, I told him I didn't know. He said, Evan's daddy. My daddy. Evan's daddy? I was torn. How my son is asking who his daddy was? Well the only thing I can say is that he is truly blessed with all the great men in his life. I would never want him to know who Mark is and make our lives difficult.

Son, you will know him some day. I am patient with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home