Parenting
Today I had a moment of reality where I questioned my parenting skills. In reality, it's that I have come to see that parenting has been slacking much in my daily routine. I slack much because its easy, because in he past I have over compensated. Many reasons why I have done what I have. Give me your child and I can whoop them
Into shape in no time. My own not so much.
All this to say because today we came back home from our neighbors. Evan was asking me why can't he just be a part if their family and that he wished he they had three kids and he was one of them. He was going on and on. I walked up behind him and smacked his mouth. Told him to stop talking that mess. Told him he grass is not greener on the otherwise. We were rushing out of the house so I grabbed everything that we needed. My hands full and I realized that I didn't put the stroller away. I dropped the trash and asked Evan to take the trash to the trash bin outside. He gave me a big sigh. I told him to do what he was told. Infuriated at this point. I tell him to get in the car.
My feelings were hurt. Every family is different and I know that he lives it at his friend's house. They are great people. It just hit me that this child cod be so disrespectful and unappreciative!
Still heated when we arrived to our destination, I was telling my friend. She said to him nicely that he hurt my feelings.
I go do my thing. Come back and ask him to get dressed because it was late. He is still watching his show. I am easy to leave and am at the door and he i is still trying to get ready.
Finally in the car I have a conversation with him. I told him that he broke my heart with his words. That even if he is not using bad words that they can still hurt people's feelings. Told him that I love him very much and that I don't ever want him to such words again.
This weekend: boot camp. I will not be disrespected my him. It's not okay and it's going to get nipped this weekend.
You may think I'm crazy but I play good and bad cop the time but this time no more nice cop. I know it's a single parenting struggle, I just don't want to struggle with this at 15. I can't stand it. As much as I focus on education, I rather a respectful man who is average then a disrespectful educated smart unable man.
Love you Evan.
P.s. I'm not your friend for real.
Into shape in no time. My own not so much.
All this to say because today we came back home from our neighbors. Evan was asking me why can't he just be a part if their family and that he wished he they had three kids and he was one of them. He was going on and on. I walked up behind him and smacked his mouth. Told him to stop talking that mess. Told him he grass is not greener on the otherwise. We were rushing out of the house so I grabbed everything that we needed. My hands full and I realized that I didn't put the stroller away. I dropped the trash and asked Evan to take the trash to the trash bin outside. He gave me a big sigh. I told him to do what he was told. Infuriated at this point. I tell him to get in the car.
My feelings were hurt. Every family is different and I know that he lives it at his friend's house. They are great people. It just hit me that this child cod be so disrespectful and unappreciative!
Still heated when we arrived to our destination, I was telling my friend. She said to him nicely that he hurt my feelings.
I go do my thing. Come back and ask him to get dressed because it was late. He is still watching his show. I am easy to leave and am at the door and he i is still trying to get ready.
Finally in the car I have a conversation with him. I told him that he broke my heart with his words. That even if he is not using bad words that they can still hurt people's feelings. Told him that I love him very much and that I don't ever want him to such words again.
This weekend: boot camp. I will not be disrespected my him. It's not okay and it's going to get nipped this weekend.
You may think I'm crazy but I play good and bad cop the time but this time no more nice cop. I know it's a single parenting struggle, I just don't want to struggle with this at 15. I can't stand it. As much as I focus on education, I rather a respectful man who is average then a disrespectful educated smart unable man.
Love you Evan.
P.s. I'm not your friend for real.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home